Geico auto insurance comparison for good drivers
Geico is the cheapest auto insurance company for good drivers based on national averages. It comes with lower rates than State Farm, Progressive, Farmers, and Allstate.
Geico auto insurance comparison for drivers with a speeding ticket
Geico’s fares go up by about $ 160 per year if you’ve received a speeding ticket, based on the national average. Still, Geico comes out on top as the cheapest insurance choice if you have a ticket.
Geico auto insurance comparison for drivers causing an accident with injury
Getting into a car accident that injures someone else is a serious problem, with insurance rates reflecting that. In our analysis, State Farm auto insurance has the cheapest rates, on average, in this situation, but Geico is second among the best insurers.
Geico auto insurance comparison for drivers with a DUI
Geico’s average insurance rates increase by about $ 1,900 per year if you get a drinking and driving conviction. You will see an increase at the time of renewal. In this case, State Farm, Progressive and Farmers may offer more competitive rates.
Geico auto insurance comparison for drivers without insurance
If you’ve been caught driving without insurance, expect to pay a higher rate when you buy a policy than what you would pay with uninterrupted auto insurance. Geico had the best rates in our analysis of the best insurers.
Geico had a higher level of auto insurance complaints in 2020 than Allstate and State Farm, but still below the national average.
If you’re shopping around for auto insurance, Geico is worth considering due to its consistently low rates and low level of complaints.
Collision Repair Professionals Geico Rating: C-
In a survey of collision repair professionals conducted by CRASH Network, Geico received a C rating.
Auto body professionals have an insider perspective on the use by insurers of substandard spare parts, whether insurance companies encourage the use of proper repair procedures, and whether insurers have fast and satisfying complaints process for customers.
About Geico auto insurance
Geico sells auto insurance for different types of vehicles: cars, motorcycles, classic cars, recreational vehicles (RVs), all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and boats.
Emergency road service, rental car reimbursement and mechanical breakdown insurance are available as optional insurance coverages with vehicles insured by Geico.
Worried about a rate increase on your auto insurance if you were to have a car accident? Geico offers forgiveness for accidents. Accident forgiveness is an insurance benefit that can be added to a policy or granted to a driver because of a good driving record. Accident forgiveness prevents insurance rates from rising as a result of a driver’s first at-fault accident.
Travelers driving to Mexico will need to purchase a separate auto insurance policy for their stay in Mexico. Daily policies, 6 month policies, and Mexican annual auto policies are all available from Geico.
One way to reduce your Geico auto insurance is to sign up for DriveEasy. Download and install the app and your driving will be automatically tracked and monitored.
You will receive a score based on your driving habits, including distraction-free driving and braking. The better you drive using the DriveEasy app, the better your score. This score is taken into account in your Geico insurance rate. Good driving means lower insurance premiums.
Geico auto insurance discounts
Geico offers a wide variety of auto insurance discounts to its customers. Geico offers accident-free discounts, great student discounts, new vehicle discounts and more.
- Discount anti-theft system. Do you have a car with an integrated anti-theft system? You will save up to 23% on your auto insurance with Geico.
- Discount on air bags. Save up to 23% on your auto insurance if your car or truck is equipped with airbags.
- Discount on anti-lock brakes. Receive a 5% discount for having anti-lock brakes on your car.
- Discount new vehicle. If a car or truck is three years or older, you could save up to 15% on Geico auto insurance.
- Discount on daytime running lights. If your car or truck has daytime running lights in its standard equipment, you could get a 3% discount.
- Delivery without accident. If you’ve had an accident-free driving record for five years, you can get a discount of up to 22%.
- Discount defensive driving. When you complete a defensive driving course, you may be eligible for a discount on auto insurance from Geico.
- Discounts on driver training courses. If a young driver completes a driver education course, you can get a discount on your auto insurance.
- Good student discount. Full-time students who maintain a “B” average or better can save up to 15%.
- Military discount. Retired military personnel, serving military personnel and members of the National Guard can save up to 15%.
- Discounts for members and employee groups. You can get an additional discount from Geico if you are a member of more than 500 groups and organizations.
- Multi-vehicle discount. When you insure two or more cars with Geico, you may be eligible for a reduction of up to 25%.
- Multi-policy discount. When you have your car insured with Geico and also have owner, tenant, condo, or mobile home coverage with Geico, you can qualify for a discount.
Geico home insurance
Geico itself does not purchase home insurance, but the Geico insurance agency does sell insurance for homeowners, condos, mobile homes, and tenants. Other types of coverage include flood insurance, jewelry insurance, and identity protection insurance.
More insurance from Geico
In addition to home and auto insurance policies, Geico sells other coverage to protect you against financial loss. If you are in the healthcare or wellness industry, Geico Insurance Agency sells medical malpractice insurance to help you defend yourself against a medical malpractice lawsuit.
If you like to pack your bags and travel the world, the Geico insurance agency sells travel insurance. This coverage can help cover expenses caused by issues such as missed connections, flight delays, and lost baggage.
Other policies sold by Geico include business insurance and pet insurance.
Geico mobile applications
Geico’s mobile application allows you to manage your insurance policies. Features include:
- Bill payment
- Alerts and reminders for your policy
- Digital ID cards
- Possibility to upload damage photos
- Estimates of access requests
- Request roadside assistance
- Contact an insurance agent
- Discover other insurance products tailored to your needs
A brief history of Geico
During the Great Depression, husband and wife team Leo and Lillian Goodwin saw an opportunity to start an auto insurance company by marketing to specific target groups. In 1936, they created the Government Employees Insurance Co. (Geico). Initially, the Goodwins were marketed to U.S. government employees and military personnel.
Today, as a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Geico has over 17 million auto insurance policies and insures over 28 million vehicles across the country.
Geico’s charitable causes
Geico supports the good work being done in communities across the country. From reading to walking to volunteering, the Geico team is involved in many different causes. Some causes include:
- Geico cares about the action: Thanks to Geico Cares In Action, the associates volunteer and support different causes such as Habitat for Humanity, Paws For A Cause and Game On !.
- National Children’s Hospital: Each year, Geico employees participate in a month-long fundraising campaign for the Children’s National Hospital.
- Environmental safety and pollution prevention: Geico requires certain auto body repair shops to complete an environmental and safety training program as part of the Geico Auto Repair Xpress program.
Geico has donated $ 17 million to causes such as the United Way, the National Urban League, children’s hospitals and others.
To find average auto insurance rates nationwide, we used rates from Quadrant Information Services, an insurance data and analytics provider. Rates are based on a driver with a clean criminal record insuring a Toyota RAV4 with $ 100,000 in bodily injury liability coverage per person, $ 300,000 per accident and $ 100,000 in property damage liability, coverage for uninsured motorist and any other coverage required in the state. The rate also includes the collision and the package with a $ 500 deductible.